- How to Write Quality Content
Learn how to write quality content
- A new goal for many Blogs and part of their Online Marketing Strategy is to write quality content. All this has resulted from the arrival of Google Panda 4.0, which makes a clear commitment to quality content versus low quality content.
- But this article will not focus on how to write quality content for better positioning (SEO) or to bring more visitors, but to make a firm commitment to improve their QUALITY, because I believe that the fundamental principle of any blog should always be to write for people.
What features should quality content have?
- Clear, Concise and Direct. You need to develop a concrete idea and use language that is as simple as possible to reach all of your audiences. Technical jargon needs to be avoided when explaining things: use simple mode to clarify your message.
- Style. In terms of style, it should not be dense but rather you should use short sentences that connect one idea to another.
- Structure. All content must motivate your readers to keep reading, so it needs to be interesting and engaging from the beginning. Then follow with a development to an ending with a conclusion. When a person finishes reading your post, they should have learned something new or been awakened or inspired with new ideas.
- Questions. It is a good idea to leave some open questions at the end of your post to keep the reader eager to continue reading about your topic. This is also a good way to generate comments about your article and build rapport with your audience.
How is the quality of your content affected by different writers?
- The author influences the quality of your blog content when he or she knows what they are writing about-but it does not matter whether or not they are renowned. Just because an article has a well-known author reference does not mean that the content is good. Moreover, there are authors out there who have no reputation, but have specialized knowledge in untapped areas of your niche. These writers can deliver content that is very logical, simple, real and useful.
- However, from a psychological point of view, some people are more likely to read material written by the “famous” bloggers or “experts” rather than by people who are unknown.
Does more content mean better quality?
The answer depends on two factors:
- The intention of the content. If you want to offer up something new or currently trending, then content length is not as important. However, if you intend to teach something new-not only to showcase or report something, but to impart knowledge-then in this case, the length of your article is important. These posts generally contain a little more than a thousand words.
- Reader demand. If you have higher demand for particular piece, then your word count will be higher than normal because there will be more information to relay. When interest in your topic is not that great, a minimum length of 500-750 words will suffice.
What characteristics should be evident within your content?
Aspects within your content that will boost its quality:
- The author of the material should be able to unite many authors and create a proper purpose through an innovative and novel idea.
- The writer must be a person who has read a lot, as you need to quote others.
- Your blog post must provide new knowledge by joining the expertise of others and must be able to offer other findings or conclusions for the subject in question.
- You need to create top quality, topical writing that solves a nagging problem or that is highly useful.
- The style and format of your writing is important: language, spelling, punctuation and grammar use, etc.
In the creation of the world of literature, first people started writing on papyrus. Then they began to accumulate these papyri and those who read these papyri joined them together, effectively creating books comprised of the writings of multiple authors.
Thus, you could be considered to be a good author to the extent that you were able to unite many writings that had a common and innovative theme or idea-and that is how great textbooks came into existence.
Attributes that you, as an author, need.
In order to become a great writer, you need to always be reading. A well-read person will be able to write well.
Another thing is that, even if you may not have a well-rounded vocabulary, you will always be building your vocabulary by reading often.
The best communicators in the world are people who read a lot because the act of reading teaches you new words which become engrained in your memory. This also enables you to effortlessly find the right words to get your point across.
Why is it important to learn how to write quality content?
Finally, I would like to do a little reflection on the importance of prioritizing quality as the most important characteristic or value of content.
Normally when you create a blog you are clear about the purpose or the reason that you’ve created it, which is often primarily a hobby or for staff or professional purposes. When deciding what content you are going to post on the blog you can choose two routes:
– Create various posts in order to gain greater visibility in the search engines and thus receive thousands of hits per month. With this method, you will get lots of visitors but you will have less subscribers.
– Create high quality content in a particular subject area where you have extensive knowledge and experience. With this method you will have fewer visits, but subscribers will read each and every one of your articles.
Albert Palacci is a graduated marketing specialist from London Business School. He is passionate about digital marketing and he is regularly writing for several online blogs and magazines. You can also visit his social profiles in SlideShare and Academia.
How to Write Quality Content
Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Get More Killer Tips
Subscribe To Our Mailing List And Get Interesting Stuff And Updates To Your Email Inbox
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.